SHORT COURSES |PLENARY KEYNOTES | CONFERENCES | WORKSHOPS
- Physiological analysis for elasmobranch conservation. Dr. Natascha Wosnick (UFPR/GEEM) and Me Rayone Santos de Oliveira (UFMA) -(Portuguese/English)
- DNA to the sea: principles and molecular methods for elasmobranch conservation. Dr Luís Fernando Carvalho Costa (UFMA) (Portuguese/English)
- Microchemistry techniques applied to elasmobranch conservation studies. Dr Kaio Lima (UEMA) and Me. Leonardo Manir Feitosa (UFPE)(Portuguese/English
- Baited remote underwater video (BRUV): a non-invasive tool for the study of aquatic life (in Portuguese/English). Me Kurt Schmid (UFPA
- Field and laboratory techniques for fish studies. Me. Oscar Lasso Alcalá (Fundación La Salle de Ciencias Naturales).
Opening conference. Update on sharks and batoids of the Brazilian Amazon Coast. Dr Rosangela Lessa (UFRPE), Dr Zafira Almeida (UEMA) and Dr Jorge Nunes (UFMA)
Plenary Keynote 1: Conservation status of Colombian sharks and batoids. Dr. Andrés Navia (Fundación SQUALUS) and Dr. Paola Mejía Falla (Fundación SQUALUS / Wildlife Conservation Society).
Plenary Keynote 2: Biodiversity and distribution of Mixini and cartilaginous fishes (Chondrichthyes) of Venezuela and adjacent waters. Me. Oscar Lasso Alcalá (Fundación La Salle de Ciencias Naturales).
Plenary Keynote 3: “Detective” DNA as a method to reveal the hidden diversity of batoids from the Brazilian Amazon Coast. Dr. João Bráullio de Luna Sales (UFPA)
Palestra 4: Calcium and Chemistry: An Overview of Hard-Part Microchemical Techniques with Application to Sawfish and other Amazonian Species. Dr. Jens Hegg (University of Idaho).
Plenary Keynote 5: Advances and challenges of methods for research in trophic ecology applied to elasmobranchs. Me Viviana Márquez Velásquez (UFPB/ Fundación SQUALUS).
Plenary Keynote 6: Sclerorhynchidae and Hybodontiformes of the Cretaceous from Maranhão. Dr Manuel Alfredo Medeiros (UFMA)
1.Amazonian Elasmobranchs Conservation (Biodiversity Conservation: elasmobranchs of the Brazilian North Coast, Guyana’s sharks and batoids, freshwater stingrays).
Dr. Jorge Nunes (UFMA), Me. Oscar Lasso-Alcalá (Fundación La Salle de Ciencias Naturales) and Dr. Getulio Rincon (UFMA).
2.Methods Applied to Elasmobranch Research (Baited remote underwater video – BRUV, Molecular tools and Physiology). Kurt Schmid (UFPA), Luís Fernando Rodrigues (UFRA) and Natascha Wosnick (UFPR / GEEM).
1. Painting workshop: art in favor of marine life.
Alexandre Huber, environmental education and visual artist (Huber Arte Marinha).
2. Environmental Education for Conservation: a tool for all.
Me. Rafaela Brito (GEEM) and Me. Keyton Coelho (UFMA).